Friday, January 10, 2014

Holy Houseguests Batman!!!!!

They are coming! The house guests are coming! I have never really had house guests before. We have a guest room with its own bathroom, and we have had people stay for the night, but never more then that. 

We are having my Husbands cousin and his wife and 6 year old stay for 2 weeks! Yup 2 weeks. That is a long time to spen with people that you really don't know that well. They are coming from Trinidad. They are coming in winter. To CANADA in February. I told them they are crazy, but they want to see snow. I told them it's really not that great, but they didn't listen. 

I know they are going to be good guests. I know they want to cook. Not food I will want to eat, but at least I am off the hook for cooking at least a few times. Having the separate guest room will help a lot. 

The problem is, the cultural difference. They do things a lot different there then here. The eat a lot of different things there then we do here. They have big cooked breakfasts. The only cooking for breakfast here during the week goes in the toaster. I hope they like cereal, or cooking for themselves. 

This is a whole new experience for me. Hosting. The most I have ever hosted was a birthday party, and I don't think I was very good at that. 

This is causing a bit of anxiety, so I am sure there will be other posts on this before they come. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I've never really house guests either. Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!